BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MySpace Layouts »

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Forgiving.

All of us make mistakes sometimes. Whether it taught us to be for our future next time or it’s just a lesson that we need to learn. In time, we will meet someone that makes us wanted to hate that person for the rest of our life or we can’t afford to talk to that person. Why? It’s because something that they have done. They may hurt our families, friends or us.
Forgiving is a big word. It’s not just saying sorry and walk off just like that. It doesn’t matter if we are the one who’s forgiving or the one that ask for it, both of it needs a big sacrifice and pride. Sorry isn’t sorry when we only utter it and never meant it and so does forgiving. We can accept someone’s apology and often, we will think again of the situation and we’ll hate that person till their last guts.
As for myself, I can name a few that a few years ago, I’ve said that I won’t, I will never forgive him or her. But as years gone by and now, I reflected back to those times, I’ve realized that forgiving is one way to live happily. Some would say they can forgive but they can’t forget. It cannot be denied, even for me. Sometimes, when I’ve said I have forgiven that person, one night, all of a sudden, I’d remember it all back. How I got hurt, how many tears I’ve shed, how many words I have to swallow and all of it enough to give me a sleepless night. Have I not forgotten enough? Have I not move on enough? Then I realized, I have not forgiven enough.
Then, I decided to forgive. And to be honest, it is one of the wisest decisions I have ever made. I can talk to people again, I can smile again and most of all, I can sleep at night again. Well, maybe sometimes I can’t but eventually, I would let it go and go on.
We can choose to be mad and throwing rages at people when our heart broken or we can swallow everything in and never tell a single soul about it. My advice? Let it go. Start forgiving and you will let things go slowly without any forcing. Trust me, you will lead a better life when you start forgiving. Less hatred in life, less problems.

What I did learn after J left me is that when we do anything that makes us happy, we’ll good to go. Maybe it’s not entirely because of him since when we got older, we think differently. As the world getting more cruel each day, the only remedy that we wanted is happiness and comfort and we will try to pursue it in any way that we can. Read a book, listen to your favorite playlist, hang out with friends and family (although sometimes your ex is among your friends), go travel to somewhere else or get to know new people, anything that you think can make you happy. And DON’T hesitate to do so. By that way, we can forgive easily since the problems are not kept within ourselves for certain period of time until it becomes grudges.
But,
If we forgive enough, would it be enough for us to forget?

0 comments: